IMP performance official Carbon FIber Front Lip Splitter for 8 SERIES G14 convertible G15 Coupe G16 4DR Gran Coupe 840 850
- Payment TermsT/T,Western Union,MoneyGram,PAYPAL
- Supply Ability50 Piece/Pieces per Month
- Condition100% Brand-new
- Warranty3 Months
- Place of OriginZhejiang China
- Product NumberiMPBMW8G001CF
- SizeStandard Size
- Car FitmentBMW 8 SERIES G14
- OE NO.Unknow
- MaterialCarbon Fiber
- Brand NameiMP Performance
- Advantage10 Years Experience
- Fitment100% Fitment
- Packaging DetailFoam and bubble wrapping, cupboard box carton
The role of the front lip
The function of the BMW front lip is to absorb and mitigate external impact forces when the vehicle or driver is under impact. The bumper is a buffer device that reduces injury to personnel inside the vehicle and protects the safety of people and the vehicle. The front lip of a car can shorten the airflow through the underbody, improve the stability of the car, and also improve the aesthetics of the car.
The rectification of the entire vehicle is to allow the air to flow evenly from front to rear, shorten the front bumps, reduce the cd value, and increase the front pressure, which is not usually visible, and the effect is quite obvious at high speeds.
By shortening the air flow under the car, the lift generated by the air flow under the car can be reduced. Generally speaking, the higher the vehicle body, the more unstable it becomes at high speeds.
Introduction to the advantages of carbon fiber for automobile manufacturing:
1. Lightweight. After the application of carbon fiber to automobiles, the most obvious benefit for automobile manufacturing is the lightweight of automobiles, and the most direct impact is the improvement of energy saving, acceleration, and braking performance. In general, vehicle weight is reduced by 10%, fuel consumption is reduced by 6% to 8%, emissions are reduced by 5% to 6%, acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h is improved by 8-10%, and braking distance is shortened by 2 to 7 m.
2. Security. Lightweight vehicle body can move the center of gravity of the entire vehicle downward, improving vehicle handling and stability, and making vehicle operation safer and more stable. Carbon fiber composite materials have excellent energy absorption rates, and their collision energy absorption capacity is six to seven times that of steel and three to four times that of aluminum, further ensuring the safety of vehicles.
3. Comfort. Carbon fiber composite materials have higher vibration damping. Light alloys require 9 seconds to stop shaking, and carbon fiber composite materials can stop shaking in 2 seconds. Therefore, the application of carbon fiber in automobiles also contributes significantly to the improvement of the NVH (noise, vibration, and acoustic vibration roughness) of the entire vehicle, greatly enhancing the comfort of driving the vehicle.
4. Reliability. Carbon fiber composite materials have higher fatigue strength. The fatigue strength of steel and aluminum is 30-50% of the tensile strength, while carbon fiber composite materials can reach 70-80%. Therefore, the application of carbon fiber composite materials in automobiles has greatly improved the fatigue reliability of materials.
5. Improve the level of vehicle body development. Due to the stronger designability of carbon fiber composites than metals, it is easier to platform, modularize, and integrate vehicle body development. This hybrid body structure of carbon fiber body and metal platform can achieve modularization and integration for traditional vehicle body structures, greatly reducing the types of parts, tooling investment, and development cycle.